UKAS Scale Calibration
We are an accredited UKAS calibration laboratory (no. 0780) for weighing scales and balances up to 6000kg. We have held our prestigious UKAS accreditation since 2003 and this stands testimony to our rigorous in-house ISO IEC 17025 and ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures.
Why do companies need to use the services of an accredited laboratory for their weighing equipment?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to one or more of the questions below, then you should talk to us about UKAS scale calibration.
- Are you required to use accredited services by your customers?
- Does your business operate in an environment where test results are safety-critical (e.g. aerospace components, construction materials)?
- Does your business operate in an environment where the accuracy of test results have legal repercussions?
- Are you looking to ‘de-risk’ your supply chain?
- Is the technical competence of your supplier essential to your business?
Please note that UKAS calibration is not the same as Weights and Measures calibration and the two standards should not be mixed up.
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the sole national accreditation body recognised by the British government to assess the competence of organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services. UKAS combines a depth of technical knowledge and expertise built up over many years with scientific and technical specialists operating across a range of inspection activities. They sum up why companies should choose an accredited UKAS laboratory, like Weightron, for their equipment calibration.